Latrobe Police Department Taking Applications
CITY OF LATROBE
The City of Latrobe will be accepting applications for Full Time Police Officer on Friday, February 2, 2024, through February 23rd, 2024, to update their Civil Service eligibility list.
Candidates are not required to have Act 120 Certification upon application but must have Act 120 Certification at the time of conditional offer of employment.
Provides service, which protects life and property, preserves peace, prevents criminal activities, and enforces City ordinances and federal, state, and local laws in the City of Latrobe. Police work involves an element of personal danger and officers must be able to function with minimal supervision, exercise independent judgment and take appropriate action when faced with complex situations.
Benefits: Health and Life Insurance, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Pension Plan, Uniform Allowance, Promotional Opportunities. (Benefits may be modified based on collective bargaining unit terms.) Starting salary for 2024 is $55,917.00 with a top pay rate achieved in 5 years.
General Application Requirements:
You must submit, show proof of at the time of filing your application
- Completed application for this position
- At least 18 years of age at the time of filing application.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- College Degree Preference documentation, if applicable, must be submitted at the time of filing application.
- A United States citizen.
- A current, valid Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Operator's License (Class C – regular) or a current valid driver's license from another state or the U.S. Armed Forces. Licenses must be presented at the time of filing application. PA driver's license must be obtained prior to appointment and maintained throughout employment.
- Veteran's Preference documentation (DD-214), if applicable, must be submitted at time of filing application. Any inaccurate/incomplete documentation or untimely documentation submitted will not be considered when awarding Veteran's Preference Points.
Candidates will be required to pass the Law-fit obstacle course-10 stages(Example on Law-fit course available on YouTube, Fredericksburg, VA) on March 2nd and a Civil Service written examination on March 9th.
Application package and a list of required documentation may be obtained at the City of Latrobe Municipal Building located at 901 Jefferson Street Latrobe PA 15650 between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday through Friday. Email request for and application can be made by contacting Beth Straka Community Service Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org . Full name, and phone point of contact must accompany email request.
Completed applications and required documentation must be received no later than 4:00pm on Friday, February 23rd, 2024.
The City of Latrobe is an equal opportunity employer.