Republic Garbage Service COVID -19 Update
Until further notice we will be operating under the following guidelines:
- We will accept Blue Toter Trash can contents only. Drivers will not be authorized to leave their vehicle to pick up waste outside of the Blue Toter Trash can.
- For customers who do not have toter trash can service, we will accept waste placed in bags with City of Latrobe garbage stickers affixed only. Bags cannot exceed 50 pounds.
- Yard waste and bulk/large item waste programs will be suspended.
- All recycling must be in recycling container and materials outside of the container may not be collected.
- We may need to use alternative disposal methods if there are disruptions to recycling processing capabilities or if recycling contamination increases. It’s important to keep waste out of your recycling container.
City Operation Updates/COVID-19
*The City of Latrobe Transfer Station including recycling will resume normal operations on Monday, March 23 2020 at 7 a.m.
*The City of Latrobe Municipal Building will be closed to the public until further notice. Administration staff will resume business operations on Monday, March 23 2020. Please call with any questions you may have. (724) 539-8548.
*Garbage stickers can be bought at Shop N Save on Lincoln Ave. and the Transfer Station, starting Monday, March 23, 2020.
*Tax Payments will be accepted by mail only. Please mail payments to City of Latrobe, PO Box 191, Latrobe, PA 15650.
*Building, construction and general permits can be found on our website. Completed permit applications emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. Please include contact information.
*Arrangements to purchase parking permits and passes can be made by calling (724) 539-8548 Ext. 15.
Please click here for Information on the COVID 19 Corona Virus
The City of Latrobe is issuing a reminder to pet owners to please be courteous to your neighbors, and also that it is a violation of the City of Latrobe Code to permit your pet to roam unattended off of the owners’ property and to leave dregs on a public or private area. The owner of a pet shall be responsible for removing any dregs from public or private property as soon as defecation occurs. Owners can be subject to fines for non-compliance.
The City of Latrobe’s Public Works and Code Enforcement Departments want to alert property owners that distributing or blowing grass clippings onto the street or sidewalk is a violation of City of Latrobe Code, and that any person violating this code will be subject to penalties.
- The City’s Street Sweeper is not equipped to handle the large amounts of grass clippings that are being blown and/or swept into the streets.
- An accumulation of grass clippings on the streets can obstruct the flow of run-off water to the storm drains, and can clog the drains.
- Grass clippings can be bagged and placed out for the weekly garbage pick-up. Note that these bags will need a City required garbage sticker.
Residents are reminded not to deposit anything into the catch basins. Catch basins are designed to carry the flow of run-off water to its discharge point. If foreign objects or materials are placed in the catch basins, such as oil, grass clippings, leaves, concrete, etc…, these materials can clog and/or flood the basin as well as end up in the Loyalhanna Creek.