2020 Electronics Waste Collection
To Be Determined
Greater Latrobe High School Stadium Parking Lot
Please note that collection of electronic waste is for City residents ONLY with no exceptions. Residency may be verified by checking identification of those disposing of electronic waste.
- No large box trucks, trailers, or excessive quantities of electronics will be accepted.
- Only small quantities of electronics will be accepted under one family household — five (5) or less depending on size of device
- Examples of accepted electronics include televisions, computers, printers, computer monitors, and radios, and are referred to as a “covered device” as defined below.
Covered Computer Device – A desktop or notebook computer or computer monitor or peripheral, marketed and intended for use by a consumer.
Covered Television Device – An electronic device that contains a tuner that locks on to a selected carrier frequency and is capable of receiving and displaying television or video programming via broadcast, cable or satellite, including, without limitation, any direct view or projection television with a viewable screen of four inches or larger whose display technology is based on cathode ray tube, plasma, liquid crystal, digital light processing, liquid crystal on silicon, silicon crystal reflective display, light emitting diode or similar technology marketed and intended for use by a consumer primarily for personal purposes.
Peripheral – A keyboard, printer or any other device sold exclusively for external use with a computer that provides input into or output from the computer.
A Covered Device does NOT include
- A device that is a part of a motor vehicle or any component part of a motor vehicle assembled by or for a vehicle manufacturer or franchised dealer, including replacement parts for use in a motor vehicle;
- A device that is functionally or physically a part of or connected to or integrated within equipment or a system designed and intended for use in an industrial, governmental, commercial, research and development or medical setting, including, but not limited to, diagnostic, monitoring, control or medical products as defined under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (52 Stat. 1040, 21 U.S.C. § 301 et seq.), or equipment used for security, sensing, monitoring, anti-terrorism, emergency services purposes or equipment designed and intended primarily for use by professional users;
- A device that is contained within a clothes washer, clothes dryer, refrigerator, refrigerator and freezer, microwave oven, conventional oven or range, dishwasher, room air conditioner, dehumidifier, air purifier or exercise equipment; or
- Any of the following:
- Telephone of any type, including a mobile phone
- Personal digital assistant
- Global positioning system