Curbside Refuse Pickup
- Garbage must be in a tied bag not exceeding 40 lbs.
- Each bag must have a City I.D. sticker attached.
- Stickers can be purchased at the Municipal Bldg on Jefferson St, The Latrobe News Stand at 223 Main St, and Shop & Save, Lincoln Rd Shopping Center. They can also be purchased by mail using a check or your Visa/Mastercard.
- Sharp objects such as broken glass or knives must be wrapped with paper to prevent injury to the trash collector
- Garbage cannot be set out for collection before noon the day before the scheduled pickup.
- Residents are entitled to a free pickup for one large item a month on the first collection of each month. A large item is defined as something too large to fit into a garbage bag, yet small enough that two people of normal strength can lift.
Examples would be chairs, tables, armoires, chests, headboards, couches, mattresses, cabinets and dressers. Carpet and pad which has been cut, rolled, and taped into rolls that can be picked up by one person, shall be considered a single bulky item.
- Examples of things the garbage collector CANNOT pickup are:
- E-waste (TV’s computers, and other electronics products banned by the Covered Device Recycling Act (PA Act 108 of 2010))
- Hot tubs
Recycling saves the environment,natural resources and money. Residents are encouraged to recycle. Latrobe recycles clean glass and beverage containers, aluminum and steel cans and plastic. They can be co mingled and set out in a container which is collected on the same day as your garbage. Residents can pickup a recycling container at the City Transfer Station on Mission Rd.
Free leaf collection is offered to residents who wish to dispose of their leaves. Leaves must be placed in biodegradable bags on specific pickup days which run yearly in autumn. A list of the days of collection is available at the Municipal Bldg, available here, and published in the Latrobe Bulletin.
Information on the disposal of hazardous waste can be found here.